Things To Do in the Capital Region
Whether you currently live in the area or you are interested in taking a tour of our apartments, you'll want to know all of the fun things to do in Albany, NY or the area around it. We’ve put together a list of our favorite things to get you started! Looking for more ideas? Just ask us!
- Visit the Nine Pin Cider Tasting Room – Nine Pin Cider is locally brewed in Albany, New York and can be found at stores throughout the state and country. Visit the tasting room and try some cider by the glass, growler, or tasting flight. If you want to know what goes on behind the scenes, buy a ticket to take a tour of the production facility. Tours happen once a month so plan accordingly!
- Catch a movie at Spectrum 8 Theatres – This local theatre prides itself on bringing the Capital Region independent, foreign, and major studio films. Stop by for a movie experience like no other.
- Skate at Rollarama – The entire family can have fun at this indoor roller-skating rink! Great for birthday parties, fundraisers and private parties as well. Rollarama also offers people of all ages a learn to roller skate class so you can skate circles around your friends in no time. Sessions happen year round and are $55 per session.
- Have a laugh at Funny Bone – Located inside Crossgates Mall, this club has featured popular names like Aisha Tyler, Amy Schumer, and Andy Dick. Enjoy dinner and drinks with friends or meat someone new in the community seating environment.
- Tour the USS Slater – The USS Slater is a destroyer Escort from World War II. This ship and 562 other Destroyer Escorts battled Nazi U-boats and Japanese submarines and Kamikaze air attacks. Today, the USS Slater is the only ship that remains afloat. Tours are available April through November Wednesday through Sunday and happen rain or shine.
- Paint socially at Paint Nite – Sip some wine and paint a masterpiece at Paint Nite in Albany. A great activity for parties or just friends hanging out. Not an artist? You’ll be guided by a talented artist the entire night.
- See a Concert at the Times Union Center – The Times Union Center is an indoor arena located in downtown Albany. The arena hosts sporting events, concerts, comedians, children’s acts, Disney on Ice, and more.
- Play Games at Dave and Busters – The family-friendly chain has a location just minutes from Hawthorne Gardens. Play arcade games, watch a football game, and enjoy a meal off of their delicious pub menu. Dave and Busters is also a great location for your next birthday party!
- Attend a Free Concert – During the summer, the city hosts Alive at Five at Jennings Landing. The free concert series runs from 5pm to 8pm and brings critically acclaimed performances to the Capital Region.
- Experience an Event at The Egg – The Egg hosts artistic work ranging from dance performances, music, arts-in-education and so much more! The iconic building is located in the Empire State Plaza and is a standout in the Albany skyline.
As the capital of New York State, there is never a shortage of things to do in Albany. Check out our lists of some of the top restaurants in the area and our favorite parks for when you’re looking to get outside and enjoy the sun.