Schools in the Albany, NY Area
At Shaker Run, we feel that it's important that our residents know the educational opportunities that the surrounding communities have to offer. That’s why we’ve created a guide that covers local K-12 schools and higher learning institutions. Let us know if you have any questions during your tour at Shaker Run.
South Colonie School District
1. Forest Park Elementary School
– Educating Children from Kindergarten to 4th Grade, this school has a staff of 50 talented individuals who are dedicated to helping children learn about the world around them, and embrace their unique creativity.
2. Sand Creek Middle School
– If your children attend Forest Park Elementary school, this will be the next step in their educational growth. Sand Creek focuses on meeting the unique developmental needs of each of their pupils from 5th grade to 8th grade by helping them embrace achievement, responsibility, and positive thinking.
3. Colonie Central High School
– After attending Sand Creek for four years, students enter Colonie Central High School. Nearly ninety percent of college graduates at this school go on to attend a two- or four-year college, and more than half of pupils earns an advanced regents diploma. Best of all, advanced placement and college-level courses are available so students can get a head start on their university learning experience.
Higher Education Opportunities
1. SUNY Albany
– This local University doesn’t just attract students from all over the country, it attracts applicants from all over the world. This college offers majors in Criminal Justice, Political Science, Digital Forensics, Economics, History, Computer Science, Foreign Languages, and much more.
2. The College of Saint Rose
– This private University has several achievements such as being ranked in the top quarter of “Best Regional Universities – North” list. It also has the honor of being named a "military-friendly school" by G.I. Jobs magazine. Its core focus is helping students grow in the fields of Arts and Humanities, Business, Education, Math, and Science.