We know what you might be thinking, “I live in a spacious apartment with a designer kitchen and have access to a two-story Clubhouse, state-of-the-art Fitness Center, rec room, swimming pool, tennis courts and basketball courts. Why on earth would I ever want to step outside of this amazing and friendly community?
But know that we encourage you to venture beyond our sprawling thirty acres and reap the benefits our convenient location has to offer. While we can’t mention everything there is to do in this happening and desirable neighborhood, here is an overview:
The Albany Airport is a mere ten minutes from Shaker Run and offers direct flights to numerous national and international destinations. So if you wake up in the morning longing for Parisian landscape, you could take a quick hop over to Albany Airport and be gazing at the Eiffel Tower in no time.
There are really too many shopping options to list them all. Wolf Road and Central Avenue alone are home to an abundance of shops. Here are some highlights:
• Pier One Imports – 120 Wolf Road
• Toys ’R’ Us – 38 Wolf Road
• Kohl’s – 1814 Central Avenue
If you prefer the one-stop shopping of a mall, then you’ll definitely want to check out Colonie Center. Located at 131 Colonie Center, this mall is just a stone’s throw away from Shaker Run, and has just about anything you desire contained under one roof. Dining options include The Cheesecake Factory, Moe’s Southwest Grill, and Five Guys. And, of course, there are plenty of stores such as L.L. Bean, Gap, Macy’s, and Champs Sports. There’s even an optical center and a post office!
There are many dining and grocery shopping choices right outside your door!
• Hannaford – 96 Wolf Road
• Trader Joe’s – 79 Wolf Road
• Whole Foods – 1425 Central Avenue
• Buca di Beppo – 44 Wolf Road
• Chili’s – 60 Wolf Road
• Outback Steakhouse – 145 Wolf Road (Wolf Road Shoppers Park)
• Smokey Bones – 1557 Central Avenue
• Professor Java’s Coffee – 217 Wolf Road
While living at Shaker Run, you won’t have to travel far for your banking needs. These are just a few of the nearby banks:
• Bank of America – 133 Wolf Road
• Citizens Bank – 96 Wolf Road
• M&T Bank – 125 Wolf Road
• Trustco Bank – 372 Northern Boulevard
Things to Do:
Whether you’re in the mood to go to a rock concert or hit a running trail, there is always something fun to do nearby. Here’s a quick list of ideas:
• Regal Colonie Center Theater - In the mood for a quiet night? Head over to Colonie Center and take in a movie.
• New York State Museum - If you’re looking for some culture, this museum is worth a visit. It can be found on Madison Avenue, on the south side of the Empire State Plaza.
• The Crossings of Colonie - Colonie’s largest public park sits on 130 acres and features bike and running trails, a 3-acre koi pond, a playground, an aquatic center, and basketball courts. It also hosts some really cool festivals and farmers markets. Learn more !
Contact us today to discuss getting you into your very own apartment at Shaker Run so you can take in all that the area has to offer!