Whether this is your first apartment, or you’ve rented before, it could be hard to determine which furnishings are essential and what the focal points should be. We’ve put together a list of the top 8 things every bachelor/bachelorette pad should have!
1. Bedroom Furniture: This sounds like a no-brainer but for many of us, especially right after college, we don’t have quality pieces we’d like to take with us as we move further into adulthood. What does this entail? A proper bedframe, maybe one with a headboard and footboard, a nightstand or two, and of course a quality dresser.
2. Matching Bedding: Matching sheets, pillowcases, and coordinating blanket, quilt, or comforter will help give your bedroom the finished look it deserves.
3. An Entry with Purpose: The entry for your apartment serves more of a purpose than we realize. Many of us only see it as an entry way or an exit, but it’s a place where we tend to drop our keys for the night or kick off our shoes. Adding a coat rack, bench to store our shoes under, and something to hold our keys gives the entryway the purpose it deserves.
4. Kitchenware: Mixing and matching isn’t always a bad thing, but it’s best to put thought into your place settings. Your kitchenware doesn’t have to be expensive, but it is something you will have for a long time, so purchasing quality pieces is always a bonus!
5. Artwork: Empty walls can be kind of boring; hanging a piece of art gives personality to your space and can say a lot of your personal style. So give it some thought and make your space feel like a home for yourself as well as your guests!
6. A Bathroom Oasis: Much like your bedroom, your bathroom deserves a bit of your attention. Matching, quality, towels – hand towels, washcloths, and bath towels are a great start! Then incorporate colors or patterns with a shower curtain and floor mat. It’s also a great idea to include a nice dish for your hand soap, and an attractive tray or caddy for to keep your grooming products tidy.
7. Window Treatments: The residents of Shaker Run Apartments have the luxury of enjoying lots of natural light with our windows, and what really helps bring the room together are window treatments. This works especially well if you coordinate the treatments with an accent rug, arm chair, or couch.
8. Plants: Incorporating plants into your space adds, well, life to your home. Flowers, succulents, herbs, all create their own level of eye appeal that so many of us desire for our homes.
Now that you have a list of the essentials, fill your home at Shaker Run with other accessories and furnishings that fit your personality!