As a Property Manager, finding great tenants can be a difficult task. While many people believe they look the part, or at least play the part, having wonderful tenants can make for great community living, while having not-so-great tenants can be quite the headache. Here are some attributes of an 'ideal tenant' starting with the first impression:
- Acting/Dressing Professionally - If you show up to the rental office just having rolled out of bed and are disrespectful, you've already set a bad tone as a potential tenant.
- References - A lot of people forget this one. It's not much different than a job interview. Having references that can speak to your character is a great way to show you're going to be a good tenant.
- Respect - When living in close proximity with many other people, respect is key in a great tenant. Respect for other people's property, their space, and respecting noise levels are just a few important attributes in an ideal tenant.
- Cleanliness - If you're a cleanly person yourself, you're likely to also respect the cleanliness of the property.
- Creditworthiness - This is simply a reality when it comes to renting. If you deal with your financial matters reputably, renting to you will be much easier.