1. Temporary Hooks: Temporary hooks can attach more than just pictures to your walls. They are also fantastic for hanging curtain rods. This method is ideal for those who want to add a touch of design or elegance with finials rather than a tension rod which is hidden by the curtain. What’s great about these temporary hooks is you can easily remove the hook by pulling the tab’s strip and it will release the hold. This makes moving and redecorating a breeze!
2. Tension Rods: For traditional paned windows with frames, tension rods can be held firmly between both sides. You are able to dress up your tension rods with sheer, or lightweight, curtains and a thin rod for a touch of delicate elegance. Tension rods can also be placed at the top of the window or even the middle. This all depends on the style you’re going for and how much privacy you desire.
3. Compression Shades: This option allows you to add shades to your windows that are the exact size you need. There are many hardware stores that you are able to order compression shades from and the shade will be custom fit to your window. From translucent to light-blocking shades, these pull-down shades will add an understated touch of class.
4. Faux Roman Shade: Do you have a sewing machine and are able to sew in a straight line? Do you love a DIY project? Then this is the curtain for you! By sewing a pocket at the top and bottom of the curtain and adding a tension rod to both ends you’ve created something truly unique to fit your home.
5. Twist and Fit Rods: Twist and fit rods use the same thought as a tension rod, these rods fit securely across your window without having to drill any holes. They are designed to give the impression of a hook and separate rod, like a traditional curtain rod, when in fact it is all one piece!
Contact Shaker Run Apartments
For more tips to make customizations to your apartment, or to schedule a tour of our apartments, contact Shaker Run Apartments today!